from ECO Office
Two weeks ago we sent out an inquiry to see if you’d like to participate in a basic survey of our local economy and how businesses are approaching a return to the office. Though you didn’t participate directly, we thought you might like to see an overview of the results.
- A large majority of respondents said their sales & revenue had recovered to at least pre-pandemic levels.
- Most businesses were optimistic about the next 6 months and expected a slight increase in revenue.
- Most said they were currently using a “hybrid model” for employees back in the office (ie, part-time work/part-time home).
- About half said they plan to eventually move back to the office 100%. Interestingly that means about half are staying with some version of the part-time work/part-time home.
- Half were putting up barriers or walls for safety and/or reducing the number of people in the office. Most were moving desks and stations farther apart. A small number were keeping their office layouts the same.
Thankfully no respondents said they expected to be closing down their businesses in the next 6 months!
1010 S Milpitas Blvd
Milpitas, CA 95035-6307